Consultant Orthopedic surgeon in private practice, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
I am an Indian & UK board certified Orthopaedic surgeon. I have worked in Hip replacement units in the UK. I am experience in primary and revision hip replacement.
I am registered with the medical council of India and GMC, London, UK. I am a life member of the Indian Orthopedic association and the Madras Orthopedic society.
I have worked in India, UK, Dubai and Oman. I have visited centers of excellence in Australia, Belgium and Dubai as a visiting fellow to learn advanced techniques in hip replacement.
I have attended a cadaveric course on minimally invasive hip replacement and resurfacing.
I am able to provide a range of hip replacement procedures.
I have been in independent private practice for the last seventeen years. I have privileges in private hospitals in Chennai.
I am able to provide individual care. I practice evidence based surgery. Thus patients are able to make considered decisions about their treatment easily with my diligent inputs.
I have a particular interest in total & short stem hip replacement, biological treatments for avascular necrosis.
I have introduced new implants and techniques in Chennai.
I have presented my work at local and international conferences
I was an associate professor in orthopedic surgery. I have headed research and development for an orthopedic implant company.
Twelve publications in international journals like The Foot, Orthpaedics international etc
Twenty international training courses and symposia.
1 Basic AO course- AO foundation of India 1990
2. FRCS course- Royal college of surgeons of England. 1993
3. Advanced AO course- Royal college of surgeons of England. 1994
4. Interlocking nailing course- Royal college of surgeons of England.1994
5. External fixation course- Royal college of surgeons of England.1994
6. Intermediate arthroscopy course- Royal college of surgeons of England. 1995
7. Osteotomy course- Royal national orthopedic hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, UK 1995
8. Leeds Biomecanics course- Leeds, UK. 1995.
9. Radiation protection course- UK, 1995.
10. ATLS course- Royal college of surgeons of England,1995.
11. Ilizarov course- Royal college of surgeons of England, 1995.
12. Current concepts in Pediatric Orthopedic surgery- Manchester university, 1995
13. Current concepts in Upper limb surgery- Manchester university, 1996
14. M.Ch orthopedic surgery- University of Liverpool, 1995.
15.Current concepts in Knee replacement- American hospital, Dubai 2003.
16. Meniscal transplantation- University of Ghent, Belgium, 2005.
17. Minimal invasive Knee replacement & Hip Resurfacing, Zimmer institute, India 2007.
18.Workshop on Birmingham mid head resection, Journey knee, patient specific instruments, Australia, 2009.
19. Workshop on Cartilage and bone regeneration with stem cells- TOSH hospital, Chennai- hands on experience with experts in cartilage and bone regeneration, March 2014
20. International Cartilage research society conference, Focus Knee - Zurich, Switzerland 2014 July.
1) Indian Orthopaedic association- Life member
2) Madras Orthopaedic society- Life member
3) International Cartilage research society
4) General Medical council UK- Full membership
5) Fellow of Royal college of physicians and surgeons of Glasgow Uk
6) University of Liverpool UK- Alumni
1) Tawam hospital, Abu Dhabi- Management of acetabular fractures 2003
2) Ibri regional referral hospital- Management of acetabular fractures 2002
3) Madras Orthopaedic society - Surgical technique for Synovial chondromatosis of knee 1999
4) Madras Orthopaedic society-Treatment of Perthes disease 1999
5) Chettinad Hospital and research institute journal- Treatment of neglected acetabular fractures with total hip replacement 2012
6) Orthopaedia- Bio composites in Orthopaedics 2009
7) Indian Medical tourism conference Toronto- Latest advances in Knee replacement 2009
8) Indian Medical tourism conference Toronto- Short stem hip replacement 2009
9) Abuja Nigeria- High flexion knee replacement 2008
10) Arab health conference 2010- High flexion knee replacement
11) Indian Orthopaedic association Annual conference 2012- Biocomposites in Joint replacement
12) Poster presentation - Indian Orthopaedic association Annual conference Poster presentation- Role of short stem hip replacement in neglected acetabular fractures.
13) Madras orthopaedic soiety- Hook plate method for Posterior column acetabular fractures- 1999
14) Madras Orthopaedic society- Surgical managment of Calcaneal fractures 2000